Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Auction starts tomorrow!!!

I'm so excited about our auction that starts tomorrow on the Hope Happens Adoption page on Facebook!! Jenny from jaleigh bean boutique has outdone herself! I owe her big for all of the help she has given me. There are some really cute items and I'm so thankful to all of the vendors and people that have stepped up for this. I have asked God for $10,000 this week to cover most of the remaining expenses of this adoption. I know it's a big request but I know my God is bigger and He has a plan for this baby! There have been many many times that we have thought about just walking away due to the extreme expense of all of this but He comes through every time! I believe this is our baby and that she is supposed to be in our family. I spoke with our birth mom, "J" again on Thursday. Each time she reveals a little more about herself and the extreme pain that she has had in her life. She spoke of the one child that she did parent. She shared custody of him and one day they came to get him for their visit and he was never returned to her. She hasn't seen him in over 4 years. She has dealt with the loss of her parents, rape, being homeless...all of these things I can't even fathom. That is why I can't walk away and I will do whatever I have to do to get the rest of the money to bring this baby home in December. I am so thankful to everyone that has given, shared our blog and prayed for us on this journey. Some of you I have never met yet our hearts are joined together by one cause and that is the plight of the orphan. God truly does set the lonely in families!

One last thing and that is a big congratulations to my dear friend Ashley and Jeremiah at www.smithfamilylowdown.blogspot.com on the recent referral of their little girl that waits for them in Ethiopia! Check out their journey of love fundraiser to help with the airline tickets to Ethiopia. They have waited a long time for her!!

Thanks agin!
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment