Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Seeing Double!

Haiti was absolutely more than I could ever put into words.  I don't really know what I expected. And I really didn't know how I would feel.  I knew I would feel connected and I knew I would feel excited about FINALLY meeting the child that God had chosen for me.  I don't think I was prepared to feel so overwhelmed when I looked at the faces of those beautiful children who need mamas. I didn't know I would feel the sense of gratitude for their "foster" mama who is literally moving mountains for them. I wasn't prepared to see my husband broken at the plight of the orphan.  But I felt all of these things.  I had in my mind that we would be matched with a certain child.  My husband, who I have so much respect for, never looked at a single picture. He wanted to be completely led by the Holy Spirit on which child was ours.  I don't think either one of us thought it would be TWO!!! These two beautiful faces are the newest members of our Tribe:
Meet London Elizabeth-Joy Ward and Samuel Christian Ward!!!! We are HEAD OVER HEELS inlove with these two and they are the perfect, God Ordained fit for our family.  All of our paperwork has been filed with the Haitian government and now we wait. And Pray. And Pray. And Pray... God sets the lonely in families. And that is what we are standing on.  We don't really know when we will get the call to come and pick them up. We do know that it will be His perfect timing.  In the meantime, we figure out who is sharing rooms with who and go shopping for the 15 passenger van!! Hey, don't laugh..I'm totally using the bus lane to pick up my kids...

We have some GREAT things coming up! We have partnered with some VERY good friends (I'm actually convinced she's my soulmate) the Donaho's.  They are adopting 3 kiddos from the same creche and our friendship is nothing less than God Ordained!! We will be having a Night of Worship in June to help us finish raising the funds to bring all 5 of these Haitian beauties home.  We also have some auctions coming up over at www.facebook.com/hopehappens.adoption

 Thanks for all of your support and prayers! We love you all so much!!
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment